How Do I FInd Out if My Child Is Eligible for Special Education?

If parents are concerned that their child may need special education services, it is important to communicate these concerns with school. A parent or the Child Study Committee can request a full evaluation when a disability is suspected. Typically a committee made up of parents, teachers, and other educational professionals will come together to discuss interventions or available problems to help the child. A referral for a special education evaluation is typically made when those interventions are unsuccessful.

Once a referral is made, testing will be completed

Comments are closed.